Headquartered in Paramus, New Jersey, Pet Goods is not your average superstore for animal supplies. Our mission goes beyond offering high-quality pet products and great, everyday prices. Outstanding, personalized customer service is the cornerstone of our business. Pet Goods is rooted in the philosophy that our furry, feathered (and scaled!) friends are some our most beloved family members, teaching us patience and empathy. Pets offer unconditional love and are always there to put a smile on your face, which is why we are committed to helping pets live long, healthy and blissful lives.
We know that being a pet parent is hugely rewarding—they brighten our moods, keep us active and lower stress levels. Needless to say, Pet Goods was founded by people who understand the many benefits of caring for a tail-wagging, laser-chasing animal companion. In fact, our pet-loving roots can be traced back to the 1980’s when we created Pet Nosh – which became a runaway success culminating in eight locations in the New York metropolitan area. Five years after selling the Pet Nosh mini-chain to Petco, we were raring to get back into the pet supply game, encouraged by loyal patrons who missed the selection and friendly service they got at Pet Nosh.
In 2001 – after scouting out the perfect location — we were able to open our first Pet Goods in Scarsdale. As always, our primary focus is making the customer happy, and giving customers better selection, spotless stores and excellent service. While the original plan was to have just one Pet Goods store, that swiftly evolved into three more locations in Paramus, NJ, Succasunna, NJ, and Poughkeepsie, NY.
It is our feeling that if you care for the customer and treat them well, they will come back. So what makes us different from other pet supply stores? Here are a few reasons why Pet Goods outshines and outsells our larger, better known competitors.
- Well-stocked inventory featuring premium brands such as Orijen, Wellness, Purina and Blue Buffalo
- Unbeatable value on food, toys, treats, bedding and supplies for small and large pets
- Friendly and knowledgeable customer service
- Employees who have a thorough understanding of pet health and nutritional needs
- A wide selection of quality frozen raw food products
- Freshness guaranteed thanks to daily stock shipments
- Weekly promotions on cat, dog, fish, bird, reptile and small animal supplies, supplements and products
We hope you’ll stop by one of our pet superstores and discover the first-rate service and terrific value that has made Pet Goods a favorite among pet owners in New Jersey and New York.